Friday, March 1, 2013

Mum who lets her kids eat mould to make them 'healthier'


Mum who lets kids eat mould


MEET the mum who lets her kids eat mouldy food – to make them healthier.

Diane Hammill, 40, has revealed she does not believe gone off grub is bad for her three children but strengthens their immune system instead.
Diane told how her daughter Maya, 14, was appalled to find mould on the jam only to find out the scones her mum had made were baked with off milk.
The mum of three — who also has Noah, 12, and eight-year-old Mathias – said: “I’m not a bit bothered by dirt and germs.
“Some people might think I’m a bad mum. How could I let my children eat mould? But I believe that germs are good for us. From gone-off milk and mouldy bread to mud and dirty water – I believe it will all make my children healthier.”
Diane Hammill's children Noah, Mathias and Maya
Better immune system ... Diane says her three kids are healthier
Diane told how she formed her views when she was brought up by just her dad and granddad. She said: “Our kitchen was always a mess. For my dinner, I’d often have to raid the fridge for food that was out of date.”
And she said she became even more obsessed with germs after Maya developed dermatitis from too many antibacterial products.
Diane told love it! magazine: “I became obsessed with exposing them to germs. I was determined to build up their immune systems so they were better equipped to fight illness.”
But her attitude did cause problems with her husband John – who was horrified she would let the kids eat dirt.
Diane Hammill's children Maya, Mathias and Noah
Loving the outdoors ... Diane's kids
The couple’s marriage eventually fell apart shortly after their third child was born.
Diane said: “I loved being married and the split was difficult, but I felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.
“Instead of using cleaning sprays, I began to just wipe the house with a damp cloth.
“The house was always clutter-free but I didn’t mind it not being clean anymore.”
Mathias Hammill

No comments:

Post a Comment